The Fifth Grade Center resides on property originally purchased by the Ladue School District in 1959 and opened in the 1961-62 school year as West Ladue Junior High School. In 1980, at a time when district enrollment was declining, the property was sold to Special School District. The property was then sold to Westminster Christian Academy in 1982.
In April 2010, after several years of increasing enrollment and with elementary school space nearing capacity, a $32 million bond issue allowed the Ladue School District to purchase the property again. In February 2011, the Board of Education determined that the existing West Ladue Campus facilities would be renovated and used for a Fifth Grade Center. Significant improvements had been made to the property by Westminster Christian Academy, including several classroom additions, as well as indoor and outdoor athletic facilities.
The district’s state-of-the-art early childhood center was built on the property and opened in the fall of 2012. The existing building was renovated and opened as the Fifth Grade Center in the fall of 2013, alleviating overcrowding in the district’s four elementary schools and creating the districts only single-grade center. As a part of the April 2015 Prop R bond issue, the West Campus turf field was completed by the fall 2016.
Fifth Grade Center, 10900 Ladue Road